Weird mutant

Hi Doctor, Most recent test result: s antigen positive, s antibody positive, e antigen negative, e antibody positive, and HBV DNA 200 copies AST and ALT normal. I'm asian male 40 years old have had hep b for long time. Liver biopsy stage 2 fibrosis and currently on hepsera. My question is: 1. Is my fibrosis reversable? 2. What kind of mutant do i have? 3. Is their on-going liver damage. 4. Is this disease curable?

Thanks for your reply.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Sounds like you are well on the way to a remission. If you have the pre core mutant, then we are not sure how long to treat. However the longer your HBV DNA is undetectable the better it is for you. While it is being treated, the fibrosis should be reversing. I usually treat for at least a year and maybe longer. Good luck! DTD

Pregnant women
Sexually Transmitted Hepatitis C/Homosexual Men