Pregnant women

Dear doctor,

I am seven months pregnant and i got only hepetitis B positive not HIV. i am quite worry about my baby how can i protect my baby from hapatitis B , would you guide me please and my second question, is there any medicine to remove hepatitis B virus from my body completly.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hepatitis B is definitely treatable and can be put into permanent remission. It also can be treated in the baby. You should tell your Obstetrician and pediatrician about it and they can give your baby both the vaccine and the gamma globulin at birth and almost 100% of the time prevent transmission to the baby. Once you have recovered from the birth you should see a liver specialist to treat your own hepatitis B. Good luck with your baby! DTD

doctor wants me to stop meds?
Weird mutant