doctor wants me to stop meds?

I started taking pegitron/rebetrol 5 months ago. I went to the doctor today and he said there is little or no change. He told me to quit taking the medicine and to come back in a year. I have 3month worth of medicine left. Should I go ahead and take that or not. Should I get a second opinion. Why wouldnt he want me to go ahead and finish the treatments?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If your HCV viral load has not budged in 5 months then it is unlikely that it will go away. I am not sure that I would wait another year to discuss future therapy. There is another brand of interferon available that you could try too. The response rate the second or third time around is no less and maybe more than the first time around. There would not be a great deal of use in taking the medicine now. Good luck! DTD

viremia
Pregnant women