|after 6 mos cured/after 12 mos, viral inf.
Feb 3, 2003
My husband recently finished the PegIntron/Rib therapy. After 6 mos he was considered cured and was told to stay on the meds for another 6 mos, since he was a so called responder, he just had his last blood and was told that he has a slight viral infection still in his liver. What now?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It depends on what happens next. Sometimes there are small bumps in the PCR level that are false positive. It bears repeating in a month or so, if it is negative then he is indeed cured, if not, then he has relapsed and may need to get treated again. Good luck! DTD
Hepatitus C - Carrier
- Flu Symptoms After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Do Steroids Cause Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.