|getting hepB vac for HIV+
Feb 3, 2003
Is it safe to get vaccinated for hepititis B if one is HIV positive?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Not only is it safe, but it is recommended by the US Public Health service. It is also recommended for all kids by the American Academy of Pediatrics. It is slightly less effective if your CD4 cells are low, but it is worth it. Go get vaccinated for B and A as well. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long After Getting Your Hep B Shot Do You Get The Second One?
- Can The Vaccine For Hep A And Hep B Mess Up Your White Blood Cells?
- Is It Safe To Get Hep B Vaccine Twice?
- Blood Transfusion Negative At 3 Months
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Condom?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Dried Semen?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.