|My girlfriend a caregiver with new hepb client
Jan 21, 2003
My girlfriend works with DD adults. A new client is a HepB carrier. My girlfriend was vaccinated(2yrs ago), can she pass it on to me? By what bodily fluids can it be spread, because she is exposed to all of them and excrement.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis B is spread by blood and sex. If she is vaccinated, then she should be protected. Most bodily fluids will have some hepatitis B. She might want to wear gloves and check on her immune status by checking her antibody level to see if she needs a hep B booster. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Blood Work Tell If Had Hep B Vaccine?
- Do You Need To Get Another Hep B Vaccinations If You Have Had It Before?
- Sucking Penis How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With Sex Worker?
- Does HIV Cause Itchy Balls?
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.