|Let us know!
Mar 5, 2001
How long can blood born pathogens live in dried blood and still be able to infect us? HIV, HEP, EBOLA.I know you can't give an exact minute, but can you answer within the hour? In the medical related field, I often see dried blood and used band-aids. Thank You
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
It doesn't matter how long the viruses can live, because you can't tell how long they have been out of the body. Therefore treat all blood as infectious and wear gloves! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv From Shaving Bumps On Your Pubic Hair Shaving?
- Can Someone Get Hiv Or Aids If Both Partners Don't Have It?
- Can Vagisil Help Vaginal Thrush?
- Dialysis And Having Aids Virus
- Can You Use The Same Finger Prick Device For Hiv Testing Twice?
- Which Enzyme Enables The Aids Virus To Replicate Within A Host Cell?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.