Mar 5, 2001
I've seen and read a lot about milk thistle as a liver protector. It looks a good thing to take but I can't find out what dosage to take,where can i get . Any ideas please?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Milk Thistle does seem to have some effect on lowering elevated ALT levels. The active ingredient is silymarin and can be found at most health food stores. Since there are no standards you should read each brand label and follow the directions. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.