Mar 4, 2001
I tested positive for hepatitis C , but I don't have any risk factor.How did I become positive?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Your are not alone. 25% of all cases of HCV have no risk factor.HCV is a blood borne disease and any contact with blood in the past could have been the cause.Dental work, razors, coccaine nasal use ,manicures, barber shops have been suggested. Also although low ,sexual transmission is also possible.
- Should I Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hair Loss After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.