|HIV, Hep. C & Hep. A?
Mar 4, 2001
I was wondering what are the data about having HIV, Hep. C and subinfection with Hep. A? How common is that and what are the symptoms and treatment?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
HCV coinfection with HIV is very common.Usually HCV infection is asymptomatic.HAV is also frequent but is always an acute hepatitis that never gets chronic.There is a vaccine to prevent HAV.HCV is treatable with interferon injections and ribavirin tablets combination.
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Vaginal Sex
- Are Black Spots A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Vomiting An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.