|Sex during mentration and hep c
Jan 12, 2003
it was mentioned that Heb c is not transmitted easily through heterosexual sex, however it was suggested not to have sex during menstruation. If My partner has hep c and I do not why would having sex during my menstrual cycle be a risk. We are a monogomous couple and have been for many years.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
If a female had HCV the menstrual blood would be infectious. While she is menstruating a female has a wide open lining of the uterus so that if there was any HCV in the semen it could easily get into her blood stream. That is why it is risk. If you must have sex during your period, then use condoms for that time. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.