|What is the correct answer???
Jan 12, 2003
I see in your past posts that you have stated that with an HCV PCR, the virus can be detected in 10 days from exposure and then in another you state in 2-4 weeks. What is the more realistic answer? If I had a test 17 days after exposure, would the "undetected" result be accurate or do I need to retest?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
As long as your enzymes were not elevated that is probably good enough to rule out HCV. DTD
Cirrhosis and HIV (causes?)
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob?
- Can Someone Catch AIDS From Swallowing Blood?
- Can Someone Catch HIV From Foreplay?
- Can You Catch HIV From Receiving Oral Sex?
- Should I Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.