|pregnancy and 3rd shot of Hep.vaccine
Jan 12, 2003
I am due to have the third shot in the hepatitis B vaccine. I just recently found out I am pregnant. Is it safe to have the third shot now or should I wait until after the baby is born?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
If I were you I would probably wait unless you were at really high risk of hepatitis B. Even if you have to start over again, why risk any problems? The vaccine is only a protein and should be safe, but it does not sound urgent. Good luck with the baby! DTD
Please help me understand!
Strange!! Fatty Liver
- Examples Of Opportunistic Infections
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Neuropathy?
- Can You Have Hiv Symptoms And Test Negative?
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking On Nipples?
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.