side effects of interferon

I am a 42 yr. old women that is hiv+ and has hep C. I have not needed to start meds. for hiv but I have been on interferon and ribovirin for 6 months most of the side affects are gone but I have become anemic . The dr. wants to put me on a study for people with hiv and hep c that have become anemic from the interferon. It is a 3 month study with procrit. I am down to a non detectalble viral load.My question is not should i take the procrit because after much research I feel I should but should I do it in a study?

Sincerely, Robin

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Yes, if you need procrit for the anemia you should start as soon as possible. If the protocol assures you that you will get the treatment you need it is always better to be in a research study.

Protein Restrictions for Hep C?
Peg and Smoking Risks