Acute Hep B (confusion)

My husband became infected with hep b. He did the 6 month follow up and his doctor said he had cleared and had immunity. I was tested after 6 month period and found out I did not have hep b and had never had either.I will get vaccines definitely. I have read so much material . My question is this , Is it safe to resume sex. Is he no longer contagious?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If he has cleared the hepatitis B he is probably no longer contagious. However, you should have gotten the vaccines 6 months ago when you found out he had hepatitis B. I would recommend that you get the vaccines ASAP. The likelihood of sexual transmission is probably near zero, but until you get at least two shots ( 1 month) I would recommend using condoms. Good luck! DTD

HepB titer positive 1 year ago, now negative?
HBV - Oral Sex and Transmission