Liver Panel Results

Dear Dr.

I am recovering from a Hep B bout. Last round of testing shows all enzymes have returned to normal, e antibody-positive,e-anigen-negative,HB Core-Positive. HB Surface Antibody-Negative with a ratio of .8. HB S Antigen .08 Ratio. GGT was 96.

What do the ratio's mean for the HB Antigen and Antibody mean? and since I am convalescing, but want to know what does the GGT mean and what is it an indicator for? It is 96-normal range is 5-80. What do you think the progrnosis is? This was my 6 month check, the Dr. said not to woryy about the 6 mo period for chronicity as it is arbitrary.

Please answer. Thanks, your service has bben a great help to all of us sufferers.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

GGT is an indicator of hepatic cells damage and can be high in all types of hepatitis.Your level is very low and it is compatible with the healing of your liver .E-AB is also a sign that you are clearing the hepatitis,as well as,HBsAB.Give it a little more time.

HEPC False Positive?
hiv syptoms