|Can Dilantin give a false positive of Hep B?
Dec 23, 2002
Blood test shows I am Hep B surface Ab positive; Hep B core Ab, total positive; but my liver enzymes are not elevated. I have not been vaccinated. I am not sick. My Hep B viral DNA,QT indicates this: Ref range >4700 HBV DNA 35375 which someone told me means I have an "active" case of Hep B. Could all of this by a false positive due to 30 years of taking Dilantin?? The only thin elevated on my blood test is my alkaline phosphatase.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is doubful that this is caused by dilantin. You need to have e antigen and e antibody tests as well. If the DNA is truly elevated, then you need a liver biopsy and treatment for the hepatitis B. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.