Treatment Cost

My dr is going to put me on Peg-combo treatment if the insurance company will accept the cost. How much is the monthly cost of this treatment. I am not sure the dose. Thanks

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Regardless of the dose, the cost is about $24,000 per year. Virtually all insurance companies pay for it but the co pays vary. If you have trouble with your insurance company both Schering (Peg Intron) and Roche (Pegasys) have assistance lines that will help you out. Financial problems have not been one of the side effects of treatment to date. Good luck! DTD

false positive, blood donor, flu shot, low risk
Hep B