worried mom help me

My daughter is frequently kissed on the lips by her uncle who is hiv and hep c positive and a couple of months ago had trush and he frequently has cold sores.Does he pose a medical concern and should I get her tested. we no longer talk because i've asked him to stop. I feel that my daughter is more important than my brothers denial. please please respond to me soon. Thank you in Advance, Worried for my Angel

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good question. Neither HIV or HCV can be transmitted by kissing. However if you are not comfortable with his kissing your daughter on the lips, he should not do it. Maybe you can ask him to hug her instead. That is an appropriate gesture of affection that is not at all risky. Good luck! DTD

My Family Member
Pegasys Chemotherapy