My Family Member
Dec 22, 2002
My father got Hep C a long time ago, maybe 20 years or so, maybe even longer, and just found out recently. He's on interferon (once a week dose) and seems to be doing fine, but has been a drinker for a long time now. What can I expect?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It would be a lot better if he was not drinking. The results of the treatment are much more likely to be successful if he is not using alchohol. Ask him to stop for you for a holiday present! Good luck. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth Sign Of HIV Infection
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Barebacking Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.