|what do these number mean help
Dec 22, 2002
My doctor says nothing is wrong and I should do nothing. Friends say I should start medication I am so confused. ALT SGPT 228, and Liver Text SGOT 144 and Pt 122. My Geno Test is 1.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The answer to your question lies in your biopsy. The NIH consensus points out that if there is fibrosis you should be treated. If not it is up to you. Good luck! DTD
Family Members w/ Hep C
- Hiv Aids Last Stages Of Life
- Is Peripheral Neuropathy Reversible?
- Can You Get Hiv If The Person's Blood Went In Your Food?
- What Do The Open Sores Look Like In Your Mouth When You Get Hiv?
- Must Hiv Enter A Person's Bloodstream In Order To Infect The Person
- What Does It Mean When Hiv Is Lying Dormant In Your Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.