|length of treatment for genotype 2
Dec 22, 2002
Could you please tell me what the standard length of treatment for a co-infected person with genotype 2 would be?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
There probably is no standard. If the biopsy looks good, that is grade 2 or less and the CD4 cells are good and the one month PCR for HCV is negative then I would stop at 6 months. If not I would recommend one year. No real data as of yet for HIV patients. Good luck! DTD
ALTERNATIVE PROCEDURES FOR LIVER BIOPSY
Viread vs Hepsera
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Sex With A Prostitute
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Bloody Nose After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Mosquitoes Give You Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.