|ALTERNATIVE PROCEDURES FOR LIVER BIOPSY
Dec 22, 2002
Im from Greece and i have hepatitis c(genotype 3a) what is the best treatment and what medicines are recomended for this type of hepetitis??? Are there any alternative procedures for liver biopsy???
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Pegylated interferon and ribavirin are the best treatments. For genotype 3a your chances of a cure are about 80%. Many people do not advise a biopsy for genotype 2 and 3 because your chances are so high of a cure, so if you want to be treated you probably can go ahead. Unfortunately there are no alternatives to biopsy at this time. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Chest Cold Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Dizziness A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Itchy Scrotum An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.