|Sexual tranmission of Hepatitis?
Dec 22, 2002
Is Hep A, B &/or C sexually transmitted easily? Which ones are more identified as sexually transmitted? Is Hep A more common in gay men who rim other men?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hep A is fecally orally transmitted so rimming is clearly a risk. Hep B is sexually transmitted either heterosexually or thru gay sex. Hep C is not really a sexually transmitted disease in monogamous heterosexuals. However among gay men it seems to be. Get vaccinated for Hep A and B and have safe sex to prevent Hep C and HIV. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.