Daughter seeking knowledge on HCV treatments

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, my father recently was taken off the Interferon treatments due to the fact that it wasn't helping in lowering his levels. My father is 46 years of age, has slight to moderate liver damage I'm seeking knowledge of other possiblities of treatment that may be out there. thank you once again A concerned daughter

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If the damage to his liver is not great he can wait awile. The other pegylated interferon was just approved and he can try that one now or try retreating with the same peg. There are other drugs coming but not anytime soon. Some of it depends on how much he wants to be treated now, and when his liver biopsy was done last. The good news is the treatment likely made his liver biopsy better by a significant amount. DTD

HEP C + Overseas patient....
transmission of Hep C tru other body fluids.