For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

My brother Luis was 41- he passed away on Feb1,2002.I did not know he had HEP C - till 3 months before he died. And I knew he was full blown for years then. How long did he have HEP C? Why did he not know? Or did he know and not tell us? He was so ill at the end, it was heart breaking.To see him in so much pain after his liver biopsy. Why did that hurt him so much? when I know of a person who had one and was in no pain after.He died very thin. I miss him. And can you tell me if you know of anywhere I may go for counseling? I am in new york city.

thank you.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There are any number of places you can go in NY for counselling. I am very sorry to hear about your brother. It is really impossible to answer your questions though. All the major medical centers in Manhattan, Bellevue, Beth Israel, St Lukes's Columbia Cornell and Mt. Sinai have excellent mental health programs that can help you. I suggest you give the nearest one a call right away. Good luck! DTD

Urgent, 9 months pregnant --Pl. answer ASAP
HEP C + Overseas patient....