Pegasys

I am about to start Pegasys combination therapy. My viral load is 14 million+ Is this extremly high? I've gone thru treatment 2 years ago with Rebetron combo therapy and no response in 24 wks What is the time frame for response with Pegasys and what is your opinion of the success rate?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Pegasys has been recently approved and is significantly better than Rebetron as is Peg Intron. There is no comparison between the two pegs, but the overall response rates for the pegs are over 54%. Your chances of a cure are very good! There is some data that looking at early that is 12 week data may help predict overall response. Good luck! DTD

hep c teatment a1
HBV thru dry surfaces