hep c teatment a1

Thanks for this forum! I've had 2 blood tests & 1 liver bio...the biopsy shows a mild scaring...the 1st bllod test the liver levels were under 1 million...and the rest were normal...readings... The second tests were doubled!!!!I've been taking chinese hebs & feeling fine ..lots of energy.... Now, the 2nd opinion is Dr E @ Stonybook, nice bedside manner....he has be frightened in feeling cancer is next because of the liver bio...& raise in levels... Is it not corrent in saying the levels chang? and the rate of this virus is long term... Do I have a few years to keep tark of it before treaments.. I am afraid of the side effects..the craziness, & gaining of weigth.gain ..I'm am in a very high profile postion & I'm responsible for 2 teens.... HELP>>>>>with only a 50 change of responding & less for geno type 1a....? J

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I can't tell you what to do. However if there is significant scarring in your liver then treatment is the thing to do. The fact that you have two teens to care for means that you have even more to live for! The side effects of treatment are treatable, but are difficult. You can minimize them by taking antidepressants, exercising, lots of fluids and taking your peg on Friday night so that you can be OK for work on Monday. Good luck! DTD

new drug name
Pegasys