|new drug name
Nov 20, 2002
I recently saw a new drug (tablets) for HBV treatment. The name is HETSERA (i may not have the correct spelling). But i can not find the drug anywhere. Would you be able to advise if this drug exists perhaps under a different name ? Thank you very much.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is Hepsera and the generic name is adefovir. It has recently been approved for hepatitis B. It is very potent and so far no resistance issues or toxicity problems have been identified. Try the Gilead website for more info. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Bleeding During A Pap Smear
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.