|hep c in the family
Nov 11, 2002
i am 15 and earlier this year my mom found out she had hep c we also found out my father had it, although i've been tested does it run in the family?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question. It does not really run in the family. If your Mom had it before you were born, then there is a small (5%) chance that you may have it. You should probably ask your doctor to test you when you are there next, but it is highly unlikely. In children and teenagers the virus tends not to do very much harm. Good luck! DTD
Coviracil (FTC, emtricitabine)
- Flu Symptoms Could I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Sharing A Pipe?
- Are Chronic Yeast Infection And Swollen Glands Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.