Nov 6, 2002
i was recently dignosed with hep c dorment stage my count was 11,800,000what can i do to keep it dorment and can i give it to my husband who hasnt been tested yet
Response from Dr. Dieterich
There is no such thing as dormant. The only way to tell if the HCV is doing you damage is to do a liver biopsy! Sexual transmission of HCV in heterosexual vaginal intercourse is exceedingly rare. The CDC recommends no change in sexual behavior for monagamous heterosexual couples. However you should have your husband tested and evaluated if he is positive! Good luck. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection Could I Have AIDS
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.