For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

hep c

i was recently dignosed with hep c dorment stage my count was 11,800,000what can i do to keep it dorment and can i give it to my husband who hasnt been tested yet

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is no such thing as dormant. The only way to tell if the HCV is doing you damage is to do a liver biopsy! Sexual transmission of HCV in heterosexual vaginal intercourse is exceedingly rare. The CDC recommends no change in sexual behavior for monagamous heterosexual couples. However you should have your husband tested and evaluated if he is positive! Good luck. DTD

HCV, Are doctors hiding the past?
Coviracil (FTC, emtricitabine)