Please Help Coinfected
Oct 28, 2002
26 yr old Male with hbv/hiv simultaneous coinfection less than 3 months. What do you recommend in terms of treatment? (famiclovir, tenofovir,entecavir 3tc, ftc??? Being that these are both early infection can I clear the Hbv? Will treatment hurt or help this? I belong to an HMO(Kaiser Southern California)
Response from Dr. Dieterich
This sounds similar to another question. I would recommend treating the HIV with a 3TC and Tenofovir containing regimen which would take of both. The third drug is dependent on your choice and your CD4 count and HIV viral load. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.