New To HCV
Oct 22, 2002
I had a test that said I was responsive to Hep c antibodies, also elevated liver enzyme, elevated Iron also. I had a ultrasound and they said my liver,kidney etc was normal, but I have a gall stone. Does this elevate liver enzymes and how many test should or will I take to make sure I do have the HVC. Thanks I am just lost with all the new info I am reading...Steve
Response from Dr. Fried
Your doctor should peform a test for HCV RNA which is a measure of the virus. If the HCV RNA is positive, it means you carry hepatitis C and further evaluation is warranted. You may be a candidate for HCV treatment. In addition, the elevated iron level in your blood should be further evaluated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.