New To HCV

I had a test that said I was responsive to Hep c antibodies, also elevated liver enzyme, elevated Iron also. I had a ultrasound and they said my liver,kidney etc was normal, but I have a gall stone. Does this elevate liver enzymes and how many test should or will I take to make sure I do have the HVC. Thanks I am just lost with all the new info I am reading...Steve

Response from Dr. Fried

Your doctor should peform a test for HCV RNA which is a measure of the virus. If the HCV RNA is positive, it means you carry hepatitis C and further evaluation is warranted. You may be a candidate for HCV treatment. In addition, the elevated iron level in your blood should be further evaluated.

pegasys????
Treating Acute HBV