I have had Hep-c for 15years or so i was on interferon(alone) in 1987 and my liver tests got signifcantly better although I stopped drinking at the same time so Iam not sure which helped more I have early stage chirrosis what is pegasys and the other new stuff.Should I explore it ?I feel pretty good

Response from Dr. Fried

You should get reevaluated for the newer therapies, particularly because you mentioned thta you may have "early stage" cirrhosis. The response rate with PEGASYS and ribavirin is quite high (56%) for all those treated. Check with your doctor if therapy for HCV is right for you.

Mike W.
New To HCV