Oct 6, 2002
I have had Hep-c for 15years or so i was on interferon(alone) in 1987 and my liver tests got signifcantly better although I stopped drinking at the same time so Iam not sure which helped more I have early stage chirrosis what is pegasys and the other new stuff.Should I explore it ?I feel pretty good
Response from Dr. Fried
You should get reevaluated for the newer therapies, particularly because you mentioned thta you may have "early stage" cirrhosis. The response rate with PEGASYS and ribavirin is quite high (56%) for all those treated. Check with your doctor if therapy for HCV is right for you.
New To HCV
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Treatment Of Male Partner Bacterial Vaginosis
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
- How To Tell Partner You Have Chlamydia?
- Symptoms Of Advanced Gonorrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.