|Active Hep C.
Oct 6, 2002
Is it possible for hep c to be active or cronic in a person and never cause liver problems or will it eventually affect the liver and require treatment?
| Response from Dr. Fried
Hepatitis C is a slowly progressive disease occurring over 2-3 decades. Not everyone develops severe liver disease with HCV, many people appear to have only mild disease. Consult your doctor so you can get the appropriate tests and decide if treatment is right for you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Antibody Test Negative At 5 Weeks
- What Do The Open Sores Look Like In Your Mouth When You Get Hiv?
- How Long Does It Take For Elavil To Eliminate Neuropathy?
- I Had Sex With Someone Who Had Hep C Does That Mean I Have It
- How Accurate Is A 2 Week Hiv Test Result?
- Androgel Testosterone Vs Testim
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.