|Active Hep C.
Oct 6, 2002
Is it possible for hep c to be active or cronic in a person and never cause liver problems or will it eventually affect the liver and require treatment?
| Response from Dr. Fried
Hepatitis C is a slowly progressive disease occurring over 2-3 decades. Not everyone develops severe liver disease with HCV, many people appear to have only mild disease. Consult your doctor so you can get the appropriate tests and decide if treatment is right for you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Causes Of Vaginal Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.