Taking the Hepatitis C Antibody Test again

My Mother was diagnosed in 1998 as having Hepatitis C which was believed she contracted from a blood transfusion she was given when my sister was born over 40 years ago. Since I was born AFTER my sister a few years later, It was recommended that I have a blood test to see if I was infected at birth.I took the full Hepatitis panel test along with my wife and both of us tested NEGATIVE for all the different types of Hepatitis (A,B,C). My question is do I need to have the test again at any time? I don't have any symptoms, and it has been 36 years since I was born so I would think that I would notice something by now. I also had a Liver Function test which was normal.

Response from Dr. Fried

It is recommended that children of HCV-positive mothers be tested on one occasion and you are negative. Repeat testing is not necessary.

HBSAG RESULTS
Hep B Surfac Antigen Postive