HBSAG RESULTS

Dr.Fried! Sorry for may English! I'm 17 Years old.Good healfh,no drugs,no sex(I'm virgin),no tatoo..I make HBSAG HEPATITIS B SURFACE AG test with results necative(0,529) 2/08/02 in private clinical laboratories in may cuntry.Later(4/09/2002) I make the same test in State hospital in may cuntry for the STUDENT HEALFH CERTIFICATE with results HBSAG HEP B NEGATIVE( 0,021).Now I study medicine in Prague(CHECH REP.)and make adain the test(18/9/2002) with resulrs positive. I HAVE PROBLEM NOW in may University and with may frend,she living in the same room.It is as possibly I have hepatitis B.Please, help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response from Dr. Fried

It would be unlikely that you acquired HBV without any risk factors. Repeat the HBsAg test, maybe it was a false positive. Assuming this is negative, you do not have hepatitis B. Now that you will be in the medical profession, make sure that you get the HBV vaccine series and, once completed, verify that you have develop HBs ANTIBODY.

Procrit for hepatitis?
Taking the Hepatitis C Antibody Test again