|Procrit for hepatitis?
Oct 2, 2002
I have seen Doctor Frascino recommend Procrit to a number of people in the anemia forum. Is this drug helpful to someone like me who has hep C or is it more for people with HIV?
Thank you! Cindy
Response from Dr. Dieterich
We use Procrit (epo alfa) very commonly in treating people with HCV. Ribavirin which is a mainstay of HCV therapy causes anemia and Procrit works really well to treat the anemia. It allows us to use higher doses of ribavirin which is associated with a higher cure rate. While we have not proved that yet, a study is in progress! DTD
Formerly Frightened Long Islander
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Prolapse Cause Low Back Pain?
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
- How Much Does It Cost For Std Testing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.