|Oxandrin Dosage with Hep C
Sep 23, 2002
Dear Dr. Dieterich,
I have been co-infected with HIV and HEP C, 17 years. I recently came across your response to another doctor's question about Oxandrin, for his co-infected patients. My doctor agreed it would be okay, for me to try Oxandrin. I don't recall my current ALT and AST, but I was told they were double the normal level. He has prescribed me, 4-2.5mg tablets, 3 times a day, for a total of 30mg/day. Do you think this dosage is safe? Or should I take no more then 20mg/day?
Thanks for your time.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The data suggest that oxandrin is reasonably safe at 20 mg or less per day. 30 mg sounds a little high to me. I would use 20 mg if I were you. Good luck! DTD
HBV viral load went down and now it seems to go up.
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared To Get Tested
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.