Sep 23, 2002
I'm a hep b carrier, just found out in April of this year. Went for testing for liver enzime, hbv dna, and hbv e ag, result: alt 75, ast 85, hbv dna 491,000 copies, and hbv e ag reactive. Liver biopsy was done 9-6-2002 with no results yet. My question is 1. Does this result mean I'm still carrier or replicating. 2. My doctor's name is Paul Pockros at Scripps Clinic in La Jolla Ca. Is he a capable doctor.
Wating for reply. Thanks
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes that is real hepatitis B. Paul Pockros is a superb liver doctor. Please give him my regards. You are in good hands! Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Someone Get Std If They Get Fingered?
- Causes Of Vaginal Bleeding After Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.