Viread

Is there a difference in strength in Viread and the new drug coming out for Hep B, Hepsera, I think....will the Hep drug be stronger or weaker?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good question. The new drug, adefovir is very active against HBV. It is not active against HIV, however. That is practically the only difference in the two. Adefovir was tried in the past for HIV but at 5 and 10 times higher dosages. It was recommended to be approved at the FDA and should be available this year. Both drugs are highly active against 3TC resistant HBV and seem so far not to have resistance themselves. DTD

Treatment of Acute infection.
my exposure was drawing blood........ help