Sep 20, 2002
Is there a difference in strength in Viread and the new drug coming out for Hep B, Hepsera, I think....will the Hep drug be stronger or weaker?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question. The new drug, adefovir is very active against HBV. It is not active against HIV, however. That is practically the only difference in the two. Adefovir was tried in the past for HIV but at 5 and 10 times higher dosages. It was recommended to be approved at the FDA and should be available this year. Both drugs are highly active against 3TC resistant HBV and seem so far not to have resistance themselves. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Sex While Being Treated For Std?
- Does Gardasil Work If Already Have Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.