Lab results

doctor,

I had unprotected sex 7 months ago. I experienced lots of sypmtoms that I thought it was HIV. Tested HIV (neg) @ 6 mons. I then tested for Hep B and C @ 28 wks, the results scarry me. ANTI HEP C VIR (neg-). ANTI HBC TOTAL IGG (pos+). HEP B SURFACE AG (neg-). My AST is 29 u/l, My ALT is 35 u/l. I think they are in the normal range. If I infected with the virus, shouldn't the level of AST and ALT should be higher? Does it mean I have the Hep B virus? I had 3 Hep B shots around 6 months before the incident. Male 30 yr old. Please help. Thanks, GT

Response from Dr. Fried

The positive HBcore antibody indicates a past exposure to HBV. The negative HBsurface antigen indicates that you are not currently infected. To determine if the exposure was due to the encounter you mentioned, blood tests done sooner after the exposure, particularly HBcore IgM, would have been needed. The HBcore antibody is not produced by the HBV vaccine.

HCV???
Treatment of Acute infection.