Liver counts and pregnancy

I work as a clinical assistant in an orthodontic office. About 3 months ago I was working on a patient and some of her saliva/blood got in my eye (eventhough I was wearing safety glasses), I didn't think anything of it at first because she was a young teenage girl (which was dumb of me)Later, looking at her chart I found out she had hep c. I freaked, rinsed my eyes out at the eyewash station forever. I went to occupational health after work and they did some blood tests. The next day I found out I was pregnant (not good timing) I have had 3 different liver and hiv tests done, hiv has come back fine, the liver levels have been high twice and normal once. I was wondering if pregnancy could possibly be making my liver count higher or what the possibilities could be. If you could please reply, it would be greatly appreciated.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hepatitis C is very difficult to transmit without blood to blood contact, maybe even impossible. Pregnancy can certainly cause elevated liver enzymes. I would suggest for you peace of mind that you check your HCV RNA by PCR. While you are at it you should also check your hep B antibody level to make sure your vaccines took. Good luck with the pregnancy! DTD

help
healing time after liver biopsy