Sep 9, 2002
hi DR. i am dentist and getting HCV recently from one of my pt.and just starting my postgraduate study in oral surgry. Q1: should i stop my job? Q2:or should i change my study. Q3:can i start treatment without getting liver biopsy ,which not avalbile in my country. thank you
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
This is an interesting question. You can certainly take the meds without a liver biopsy. Dentists are at risk for hepatitis viruses. The big question is does it put your patients at risk? Probably not if you properly glove and use precautions. There has been a heart surgeon in the US recently told to stop operating until he is cured, because he gave the HCV to several patients during surgery. The best way to go is to get treated ASAP! Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.