|hepatic and renal failure
Sep 9, 2002
Would you briefly outline the relationship between co-infection and hepatic injury as it relates to renal system? What is relationship if any, and what are the causes of pathogenetic interactions of viral infections on both systems? Thanks...
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis viruses rarely cause kidney disease per se, although it does happen. Renal failure is real sign of liver failure and is part of the scoring system used before transplants. It is part of what is called hepato-renal syndrome which is almost always fatal if a liver transplant is not done soon. In the normal course of treating liver disease, kidney disease is rare. DTD
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.