hepatitis C and methadone treatment

Hello, My sister found out she had Hepatitis C about two years ago. She is in methadone treatment and not really considering treatment for the hep c right now. I think she should be actively pursuing treatment...the sooner the better (?). And I worry about her getting long term effects on her liver that might be fatal. What do you think? I am assuming she would have to get off the methadone, which is difficult for her, even though she is trying to lower her dose. Thanks PD

Response from Dr. Fried

Methadone maintenance is not an absolute reason not to start therapy for HCV. Recent preliminary studies suggest that patients in a stable methadone maintenance program (without other reasons that would exclude them from therapy) can do well on treatment. Your sister should discuss her options with her doctor.

gilbert's syndrome and hepc.
how is hep b transmitted