Aug 25, 2002
Does hepatitis C virus die upon 'air' contact like the HIV virus reportedly does? Or, does it linger, live, when airborne, for up to 14 hours like the hepatitis B virus reportedly does? Please correct any misconceptions noted. Thank You
Response from Dr. Fried
Hepatitis C virus particles can be detected in dried blood for a period of several days when very sensitive molecular assays are used. However, it is unlikely that the dried blood would cuase an infection, although additional studies are needed to answer this question unequivocally. Nevertheless, sharing razors etc with a person with hepatitis C is not recommended.
Can't donate blood
gilbert's syndrome and hepc.
- Hiv From A Blow Job
- How Big Will Lymph Nodes Associated With Ars Swell?
- How Long Can I Live Without HIV Meds?
- How Long Do Symptoms Last For Std?
- Risk Of Hiv Getting In Urethra
- Hiv Website a href="http://www.thebody.com/h/how-early-does-peripheral-neuropathy-occur.html" onclick="if(!this.href.match(/\?/))this.href+='?ic=1105'">How Early Does Peripheral Neuropathy Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.