HIV or HEP B

I had had unprotected sex 5 weeks to the day. On the 9 th day I developed rash Hives and swollen lymph nodes. I went to see both my dermatologist and regular docotr. The dermatologist gave me Zrtec and the hives went away at 90 only getting a few here and there. My doctor gave a blood test and everything came out fine. I know HIv takes three month but i am still very concerned. As a result I have a few questions.

1) During acute Viral syndrome, when you first developed the symptoms will the drugs suppress those flu liek sympmtoms or the immune system is so weak that it will not respond.

2) I took Zrtec and my hives went away would that be a sign that it is not HIV (although we cannot know for sure) because the anti-histamines made the hives go away.

3) In your experience have you ever heard of hives being indicatives of Acute Viral syndrome.

4) Can hives occur with hepatitis B.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer. It really means a lot to me.

Sincerely

maxwell

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

To my knoledge urticaria or hives are not associated to acute viral hepatitis.

Trush HIV or Hepatitis
Can't donate blood